Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Appearance Matters

This morning, I was at the Starbucks at on 3rd street doing some work on my lap top when I needed to go the bathroom. I really didn’t want to leave my laptop out in the open, but I really didn’t want to take it into the bathroom with me either. So, I stood up, looked around the room, trying to determine who looked the most trustworthy. There were three other people in the room: 1.) A young guy, roughly 25, with a flat hat, baggy pants, and some Air Jordans. 2.) An older, probably 50ish, man who looked like he hadn’t showered in a month and his hair was starting to form dreads. 3.) A middle aged man in a suit and Blackberry in hand. I thought, "Bingo! #3 is my guy!" Problem is, the man in the suit is sitting awkwardly far away from me. When I walked over to his table and asked him to watch my laptop, it was pretty obvious to the others that I purposely didn’t ask them. They looked a little offended. I just smiled at them. Sorry fellas, but if you dress like a thug or a bum, I will treat you like a thug or a bum. Moral of the Story: Appearance Matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment