Monday, October 10, 2011

I Miss my Pre-Law School Life

What an amazing, long weekend! I took the entire weekend off from studying. (Well, except for that final exam on Saturday, of course.)

This was the best weekend I’ve had in 9 weeks and I’m very sad that it’s over.  Really sad, actually. A lot more sad than I expected to be.

I’ve been living such a rat race ever since law school started that I hadn’t even noticed how many things I miss from my pre-law school life.

I miss cooking. I miss trying new recipes, the house always smelling so cozy, and watching my family enjoy whatever new thing I just made.

I miss decorating. I don’t have a single fall-themed decoration in the house. This time last year the house would have been decked out in pumpkins and scarecrows and hay bales and always smelling like some type of spice!

I miss working out. Pre-law school I worked out every day. How many times have I worked out since school started? Zero.

I miss my family. Yeah.... I really, really, really miss my family. Oh, and by the way, my oldest kids won their football championship this Saturday and my youngest finally started saying “Mommy” the right way!

I’ll be fine by Tuesday. I’ll be back in the rat-race with no time for these thoughts, but today it is Monday, and I’m sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment